The Shining vs. Se7en

10 comments

11 comments

Se7en. No freaking contest. It's thrilling, it's disturbing and frankly, Jack was quite hilarious in The Shining.

Se7en wins it is one of those movies that are hard to replicate.

Se7en for me as well.

I'm actually going with The Shining. Greater atmosphere, creepier everything.

Se7en for me. The plot is thicker.

Yeah, The Shining for me too. I agree with Reelz, it's got the better atmosphere and it's creepier, I love Se7en too though.

I'll have to give it to the shining

It's close, but I vote The Shining.

Se7en wins... barely.

Two great thrillers. Both have superb and disturbing atmospheres and they also left me in shock. Se7en wins but it’s very close.

The Shining.

The Shining for me as well. Both films finales' are legendary!

lud
lud

Two great horror-thriller, se7en is 7 timeds better.

Seven ftw!!! But I still love The Shining.

Se7en, if for no other reason, the ending. "Nuff said.

Two very unsettling atmospheric thrillers from great directors. In fact both currently sit as my second favorite from their respective director. Se7en is my pick, but both are a must see for any film lover.

I think The Shining is my pick.

Two incredibly daunting and atmospheric films. Both leave you thinking and are huge mindfucks which will be analyzed for generations to come. Kubrick has the edge tho.

Shining without a second thought.

The Shining

The Shining by far.

I love Seven but I have an ethereal experience watching The Shining that is rarely matched. Jack Torrance for the win!

They're both a teensy tiny bit overrated imho, but on the whole I was slightly more entertained by Se7en I think.

Both are good but Se7en just had a better atmosphere and the ending in Se7en was way better