Catch Me If You Can vs. The Terminal

5 comments

5 comments

No contest. I liked The Terminal better than I actually thought I would, but Catch Me If You Can is far and away my favorite Spielberg/Hanks collaboration.

Spielberg and Hanks make such a great duo. I connected better with Hanks in The Terminal than with Dicaprio in CMIYC.

Both are very different films despite the Spielberg/Hanks collaboration. I've seen The Terminal more times, but I think I'm going with Catch Me If You Can as the better film.

ear
ear

The Terminal is the film I keep coming back to.

The Terminal was good, but wasn't always good. Catch Me If You Can was just great the whole way through.

Very different films in terms of genre and plot, yes, but stylistically they're quite similar--certainly the promotional materials are! Catch Me is the more popular choice, but The Terminal touches me in a way that the preceding film never has. Also, I do prefer Hanks as a protagonist to DiCaprio.

Catch Me If You Can cause of Leo

That period of 2 years where Spielberg shelved the dinosaurs, sharks, aliens, and World War II and went for this new style of his that we only really see in these two uncharacteristically conventional movies in his filmography. I wish there was a tie option because along with being stylistically unique and similar to each other, I also like them the same amount - the two factors must be correlated. I'd love to see a third one of these.

It's honestly a coin flip between these 2

Catch Me If You Can. The Terminal was one of Spielberg's artisitc failures!