Up vs. Toy Story 2

4 comments

11 comments

Oh, snap. Okay, look, I love the Toy Story movies. But Pixar's just getting better and better. I was unbelievably moved by Up; I laughed, I cried, I kissed any pre-conceived notions of what an animated movie could or should be goodbye. The Toy Stories are masterpieces; Up kicks them to the curb.

JRM
JRM

As much as I liked UP, I don't think it's Pixar's best. I think Toy Story 2 was better.

Toy Story 2 is a dismal sequel. I wish I could figure out why they needed the cowgirl. And Up is just way overrated imo, but I'm still going with it.

Up packs quite the emotional wallop, but so does Toy Story 2. And Toy Story 2 has the benefit of being a sequel to one of my all-time favorites, meaning watching the movie was like seeing old friends again. It also far outclasses Up in the humor category, I feel. So, Toy Story 2.

Toy Story 2 - nostalgic reasons.

As much as I like the Toy Story trilogy, TS2 is still my least favorite installment, I don't hate it or anything, but found it to be my least favorite. Up is awesome and charming in its own way.

I actually cried more in TS3 than UP. Yep. True story.

I meant TS2, of course. Although I cried more in TS3 as well.

Up :)

Woody and Buzz.

TS 2 all the way. My favorite Pixar.

TS2 for sure.

going with my new favorite animated adventure - UP

Up. I dunno really. Plain coin toss

Toy Story 2. Up after those first 10 mins got way too random and lame. Toy Story 2 in my opinion surpassed the original and remains Pixar's best (after Wall-E).

Toy Story 2 is the best animation film

UP