Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

0 comments

5 comments

JRM
JRM

I hesitated. That's how much I like the last Harry Potter. In fact, if the second half delivers, I see myself ranking them above Fellowship. For now, Fellowship takes it.

HP 7 wasn't anything special for me, neither was HP 8. FOTR on the other hand, is my favorite film of all time.

Lord of the Rings beats Harry Potter every time when it comes to movies. Books is a different story.

@JC13---Harry Potter novels aren't in the same league as Tolkien's work!

Sorry man, but I disagree, I just don't really like Tolkiens writing style in Lord of the Rings. The Hobbit on the other hand is strangely one of my favorite books of all time.

Okay, I'd say that this is how you should've said it. That you prefer Rowling's writing style to Tolkien's. There are those who don't enjoy it but simply because it is classical literature and they find it hard to get into. Rowling never had that same magic as Tolkien, my opinion of course. Wow, you really like the Hobbit too ey?

I should probably revisit all the HP movies, as I've only got the last four rated on my flickchart. I'm choosing Fellowship.

Yep, The Hobbit is one of my favorites, Lord of the Rings...not so much. Ha Ha

The Fellowship of the Ring is trillion times better. The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 is one of the worst movies ever made.