Gravity vs. Aliens

3 comments

5 comments

Gravity.

Two pretty adrenalin-pumping sci-fi movies. I'm taking Gravity for now.

In space, no one can hear you sc-- KABOOM KAPOW BAM BAM BAM CHK CHK CHK CHK WHOOOSH KABLAM BABOOM POW POW NYAAAAAWW BOOOOM WHAM TATATATATA.

I don't know who's the more badass sci-fi action chick.

Like Gravity a lot but it can't beat Aliens

Garrrrggghhhh, both so good yet still not as good as everyone says they are in my opinion. Gravity was the better spectacle (obviously) and probably did more, relatively speaking, for cinematic technological progression than Aliens, but I'd still rather watch Aliens for its story, central heroine and iconic place in cinematic history, even if that is tempered by a script which isn't considerably less silly than Gravity's, dated effects even by 80s standards, clunky action and editing and a reputation which gets overhyped by the fanboys. Aliens wins by a slither, and I think it also helps that Aliens still works on the small screen as it did on the big screen, whereas Gravity is a bit of a gimmicky film which was perfectly suited to the big screen, but I can't see retaining that much appeal on a home entertainment system.

Is this seriously a tough decision for anyone? Sure Gravity is a spectacle, but that's all it is. Aliens is a classic for a reason. It's way better than Gravity

Aliens is a tight action flick, gravity wins with camera work.