Black Swan vs. Slumdog Millionaire

4 comments

3 comments

This is a tough one to choose from. I gotta go with Slumdog!

I also have to go with Slumdog Millionaire. Jai ho!

Slumdog for the win....

Ooooh, tough one. I think there are at least 20 places between them on my chart, but this is still surprisingly difficult. Both were good, and I love Danny Boyle films, but Black Swan surprised me more. I certainly found Black Swan more intriguing. Slumdog had better production values and did a very good job of portraying India in a multispectral manner (all of my Indian friends and acquaintances have given it very high marks as being one of the most realistic portrayals of Indian geography and society outside of Bollywood, and I have several). But Black Swan did something I never thought a film could do; it made Ballet look cool, gritty and edgy, plus the story of Slumdog, while not the central focus of the film and certainly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, is still fairly contrived and consequently distracting, whereas Black Swan does not suffer from this. Natalie Portman won an Oscar for two hours of crying, masturbating and going insane, but she did it damn well, and my opinion of her was greatly raised after watching Black Swan. So while both were good and I certainly enjoyed Slumdog more, for once I'm going to follow my head and go with Black Swan.

this is a tough one slumdog definitely was meant to pull on the heart strings more but odk which one i liked better i will leave it up to my list

Slumdog.

Black Swan.

Black Swan.