Jaws vs. Scarface

9 comments

9 comments

Jaws or Scarface? Jaws is the masterpiece but Scarface is De Palma in his finest form. I think I will have to go with Jaws for its notoriety as the "first blockbuster."

wow a hard one this one.... going with scarface!

Scarface had the classic ending. Jaws is the more dominant

1975's Jaws And 1983's Scarface Are Both Better Movies.

jaws, not so hard

Damn. Jaws I guess.

Jaws is the "better"movie, but personal favoritism leans ever so slightly to Scarface.

Definitely going with Jaws here, even though I pretty much love both.

Jaws.

I guess I am in the minority. I love them both but I got to go with Scarface. More enjoyable for me and Al Pacino should've got recognized by the Academy for his role.

Scarface is chock-full of depravity, madness and excess. Jaws is a pleasantly entertaining killer shark movie with genuinely disturbing scenes. It's one of Spielberg's best. When it comes to bloody mayhem, though, Scarface is epic on a scale Jaws cannot match. All Jaws is, really, is a series of shark attacks with a memorable third half (and a great opening). Scarface never lets up.

Very tough but I'm leaning towards Jaws

Al Pacino is far more entertaining than a shark.

Scarface has a better story, better acting, and did a better job of keeping me entertained the whole time.

Scarface, while great, hits snags here and there and tends to meander whereas Jaws makes good use of pretty much every scene. Both are iconic, but I prefer Jaws.

"We're going to need a bigger Boat."

I really love Scarface but Jaws wins here

JAWS for sure

Scarface is overrated shite.

Scarface but I love Jaws aswell.

I love a good rise and fall arc and Scarface has to have one of the best or at least one of the best known.

I dreamt of the Scarface video game. It was a brief dream.