The Amazing Spider-Man 2 vs. Star Wars

1 comments

5 comments

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was such a let down. It's not like it was going to come anywhere near Star Wars anyway.

ASM2 was good the effects were amazing but it was more of a set up to the Spidey universe while Star Wars is one of the great sci-fi films ever!

Star Wars! This isn't even a close matchup! Star Wars is one of the greatest films in history, while The Amazing Spider-Man 2 isn't even close to being one of the best films in its own genre.

I beg to differ with everyone on this matchup. I would describe The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as one of the best in it's genre. You know it's a good movie when you actually feel bad for the bad guy(s). Max just wanted to be seen and Harry just wanted to stay alive. When Spider-Man took that opportunity from both of them, it's natural that they snapped. Another thing that I loved about this movie was the music! Hans and the Magnificent Six created something special with the music in this movie. The themes for each character were clear and suited them perfectly. The acting is this movie was amazing as well. I especially loved Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborne. I ranked this movie higher than any other comic book movie on my list, and ahead of Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars. But The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is highly underrated and deserves more recognition for what a great movie it is.

^except i didn't care about the bad guys, flat out hated the "good guys", and at the end couldn't help but snicker at the half ass emotion they were trying to force down my throat.

I agree with dara_22 all the way. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is quite spectacular and extremely underappreciated. Star Wars is great and was a childhood favorite of mine but I just like Spider-Man more.

Star Wars is definitely the winner. More iconic, enjoyable, memorable;