Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

5 comments

16 comments

BAM! This all comes down to how I rank the films as part of their individual trilogies. Unfortunately, I feel like they are each the second best. So nostalgia wins again, which certainly isn't very fair to a film that's only 9 years old (can you believe Fellowship is already 9?!)

Lord of the Rings for me. The first part is still special as it showed that a movie version of LotR could actually work.

My favorite Indy vs. my favorite Rings. Damn. Last Crusade is in my Top 10, but Fellowship is my #1.

Respective trilogies aside, I think LotR is simply a better film. Last Crusade has countless brilliant sequences and moments, but it can't match LotR's spectacular production and emotional impact.

Damn, this is as close as it gets. These two movies are ranked at #3 and #4 on my flickchart. I think I like The Last Crusade somewhat better, but it's probably a toss-up.

Gotta give it to the Ring-Bearer.

Easily my favorite Indiana Jones film and my least favorite LOTR film

Fellowship takes my vote.

Very close, but Fellowship it is.

It's not to often I have to go against the Fellowship....but this is one of those times...

I love Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, it is probably my favorite Indiana movie, but nothing beats LOTR, it kind of trumps all other movies.

Fav Indy vs Fav LOTR----LOTR wins for me

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring wins in a squeaker...

They're seperated by just a few spots in my top 20. Fellowship by a hair.

LOTR easy

Always....Fellowship. But I need to watch the Indy films again :D

Fellowship is my favorite film of all time.

LOTR all day

Both philosophical quotes compared to two great films, but The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring wins, as well as Gandalf is the legendary wizard in this folk tale.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (

Lord of the Rings over every Indiana Jones films...

lord of the rings is better