Paranormal Activity 2 vs. Saw II

3 comments

1 comments

The beginning of the end for these franchises. Interesting though flawed original films are easy to forget when they're followed by this trash.

I think I chose Paranormal Activity 2

Tough to say. I liked Paranormal Activity 2 more than the first one while I think the first Saw is stronger than the second. Looking at them as just standalone films and not letting the other installments have any influence I'd say I like Saw II a little more.

Out of the first three Saw movies, I think II is the one I dislike the most. I don't really like flashbacky-filled movies (or series, as American Horror Story: Apocalypse proves), so I really don't like the first one either. The most passable one imho is III, because it had some interesting ideas going on. The PA movies are what I call real boring, and I still can give them a pass because I'm truly patient and I liked the style. Nothing really happens, but as it was a special day for me and as I really like its style, I think it was a way more meaningful watch to me. I just wanted Saw II to be over from its first minute while I was enjoying myself while watching PA2 even if it was just mocking the goddamn movie.

ear
ear

The best Paranormal Activity over a weak Saw follow up