Goldfinger vs. Thunderball

15 comments

1 comments

on 7/29/2009

Pussy Galore vs. Dominique "Domino" Derval? Deadly flying bowler hats vs. underwater fist fights? I need a vodka martini.

on 10/15/2009

Meh. Thunderball sucks.

on 10/15/2009

Meh. Thunderball sucks.

on 12/10/2009

Damn, two of my favorite Bond films. Thunderball lacks a memorable villain. Goldfinger has two.

on 5/18/2010

As much as I love the whole Bond series (well, apart from DaD and QoS), and as often as I've actually watched the movie, I just don't really like Thunderball. It's easily the weakest Bond film with Sean Connery, and also one of the least entertaining Bond films overall. It lacks a decent villain, a really interesting plot and, after all, a true Bond girl. Goldfinger, on the contrary, is one of the best Bond movies and my personal favourite starring Sean Connery.

ear
ear

on 5/18/2010

They were both terrific but I prefer Goldfinger.

on 6/28/2010

"Goldfinger," and it's not even close. It's iconic, it's got a taut story and a brisk pace. "Thunderball" is a bloated and slowly paced attempt to one-up its predecessor.

on 8/10/2010

Thunderball is probably the least memorable of all the Bond flicks. Goldfinger has so much going for it...Pussy Galore, Oddjob, and the great Shirley Bassey theme song.

on 10/7/2012

Bondathon continues...: Goldfinger vs Thunderball. If Goldfinger is considered to be one of the most iconic and memorable Sean Connery Bond films, then Thunderball must be one of the most forgetable. The villain is weak, and ultimately it’s just a gimmicky Bond movie. Look, a jetpack! Look, a big underwater fight! The underwater fight itself isn't even enjoyable. It's certainly admirable though. The plot of Thunderball is actually kind of interesting, yet there is no sense of threat like there was in Goldfinger. That's probably one of the reasons people consider this a boring Bond. Another reason may be that there are large portions in the movie where almost nothing happens. I guess I can give credit to Thunderball for having something better than Goldfinger though: the Bondgirl...or girls. Domino and Fiona are both way more attractive than Pussy Galore. Anyway, Thunderball isn’t bad, but it just isn’t as memorable as the other three.

on 10/8/2012

I'm having a Bondathon too. Goldfinger is the Holy Grail of Bond movies for me so it's hard to top, but I have to say I really enjoyed Thunderball. It was one of my favorites as a child and it holds up very well in my book.

on 7/31/2013

Both of these are amazing, but honestly Thunderball is Connery's best in my opinion.

on 4/15/2014

Thunderball isnt that great its good but semi-bland the hot women and gadgets are nice but compared to Goldfinger it doesnt hold a candle- Goldfinger is one of the best period!

on 5/7/2014

Goldfinger is better, but damn that bondgirl from thunderball is so hot.

on 9/22/2014

I agree with JC13: Thunderball

on 2/16/2015

Goldfinger by far

on 5/1/2016

Goldfinger