Apocalypse Now vs. Forrest Gump

11 comments

2 comments

Wouldn't dare call Forrest Gump the better Vietnam film. They's only one thing Forrest Gump knows about Vietnam. That said, while Apocalypse Now's a work of art, Forrest Gump's just lovable. Like A Christmas Story, about everyone's seen it, and it's replayed endlessly on cable. And, like A Christmas Story, it just never gets old.

I have tried and tried to get through a complete viewing of Apocalypse Now, but it puts me to sleep. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a classic, and one day I plan to appreciate it...but for now...

RUN, FORREST, RUN!

Both not very high on my rewatch value list, but they're both great films. Apocalypse Now has a dragging ending, but Forrest Gump is too sweet. Apocalypse Now wins; the helicopter attack with Robert Duvall as Lt. Kilgore is probably my favorite movie scene of all time. It's crazy how well shot it is, must have taken a lot of effort to pull that off.

Apocalypse Now by leaps and bounds.

Apocalypse Now is simply a victim of its director. Too slow and plodding to be considered a masterpiece.

Gump for me.

apocalypse now is clearly better and more memorable

Forrest Gump isn't a bad movie by any means, but Christ was it overrated. By the end of the day, it's just a simple movie, while Apocalypse Now was a masterpiece, a fuckin' well-done experience. No Contest.

Apocalypse Now, Forrest Gump is way too overrated..

Apocalypse seems to me to be the more "complete" movie. Forrest Gump kinda just keeps going without a real purpose.

ear
ear

Apocalypse Now is the masterfully done

ear
ear

Apocalyse Now is the masterfully done winner here.