Alien³ vs. Jurassic Park III

5 comments

1 comments

semi-watchable threequels?

I don't hate JP3, but Alien 3 is a very special case, especially knowing how the movie was made. I can watch this movie and see the brilliance of David Fincher shining through a troubled production. It's almost amazing the film is as good as it is, given how the studio screwed Fincher over. The third Jurassic Park outing, meanwhile, is just mediocre, and sorely missing the Spielberg touch. (Joe Johnston's made some decent movies, but there's no comparison.)

What a tough choice! They're both so crappy!

ooo.. battle of the three-quels! JP3 was actually quite decent consideing the 2nd one! however, i ocnsider that no alien films were made after the 3rd one up untill the new prequel "prometheus". got to love anything fincher directs! A3

Not hard, I actually hold Alien3 in high regard considering all the hate it receives. Obviously it's not as good as its sequels, but I love the style that Fincher brings to the table, and I have infinite respect for what it was trying to do as a film i.e. end Ripley's story in a bittersweet manner, and bring a saga to a close which should never have been revisited (Prometheus and its upcoming sequels aside). Even if you hate Alien3 (and I understand why people do, even if I don't agree with them), you can at least acknowledge it had ambition, for better or for worse. JP3 has absolutely NO ambition; it goes nowhere, doesn't achieve anything, and offers a bland, by-the-numbers sequel which almost nobody talks about to this day except with reference to the original. Alien3 wins.

I hated Alien 3, so while Jurassic Park III is not very good it still wins this matchup.

Jurassic Park > Alien; The Lost World > Aliens; so...

This is tough....I loved JP3 but the ending to A3 just makes it epic! Love them both, but it's Alien3 for me!

Jurassic Park 3 is shit.