Alien³ vs. Panic Room

1 comments

4 comments

Two watchable movies, but certainly among David Fincher's minor works. Panic Room has more identity to it, I'd say.

I thought Alien 3 was awful, I'd even say worse than Alien 4 which most people seem to think is the worst of the bunch. Panic Room on the other hand I thought was very underrated, so tense, full of suspense and of course has such a claustrophobic atmosphere that forces you into the shoes of the characters. So Panic Room, without a doubt.

"Panic Room" by a mile ... and I don't even like it! I'm a huge fan of the Alien franchise, but I totally agree with Swinny on "Alien 3." For my money it is far and away the worst film of the bunch. I can even tolerate watching "AvP:R" more often because of the whole so-bad-it's-good factor, but "Alien 3" plays it so straight that I just can't stand it. The last half hour or so is truly terrible.

Alien3 is among my favourites in the Alien franchise, and the extended cut on DVD is a fantastic film (if bleak). It had tremendous vision. Panic Room is a tighter film, for sure, and clearly aims to emulate the best of Hitchcock. Can you imagine if it had been penned by David Mamet, though, instead of the guy whose last original screenplay was the Nic Cage flick Snake Eyes?

two of the more weaker Fincher films Alien 3 I think is his weakest of all of his films so im taking Panic Room here

Alien 3 is actually very good. Panic Room is pretty good, but its saved by Fincher and Leto in my opinion. It holds the title of my least favorite Fincher movie.

*Alien 3 Assembly Cut, that is!