Rope vs. Vertigo

2 comments

8 comments

on 10/25/2012

Two films in which Alfred Hitchcock successfully brought out James Stewart's darker side. While I believe Vertigo's reputation has been overinflated (it is very much NOT the greatest movie ever made), it is a decent enough movie that has never failed to hold my attention. The same, however, can't be said about the tedious Rope. Vertigo wins.

on 9/29/2013

Vertigo is deserving of every ounce of praise that it's getting. I'm glad the critics have finally began to get it right. Rope is underrated in my opinion. But still, it's not better than Vertigo.

on 9/29/2013

Don't love either. Vertigo wins.

on 9/29/2013

Vertigo is way better. Rope is cool too.

on 9/29/2013

Two greats from Hitchcock. I know I'm probably alone, but I prefer Rope. That movie is intense as FUCK!

on 9/29/2013

Agreeing with Nononsense. I feel like that I'm with the critics. Vertigo was misunderstood and overlooked at the time of its release and glad that the film is finally praised. That said, I must also agree with Caesar in saying it is far frm the greatest film of all time. In fact there are three Hitchcock films that clearly surpass Vertigo (Rear Window, Psycho, North by Northwest) but it is nevertheless, a top 50 film for me. Rope is awesome, underrated and intense but Vertigo wins.

on 10/20/2013

I love "Rope", but "Vertigo" wins considering it's my favourite Hitchcock film!

on 9/26/2014

Vertigo is better.

on 4/25/2015

Vertigo is Hitchcock's best film, so I'm obviously going with Rope. Nah.

on 11/26/2015

Rope is worst Hitch and worst Jimmy.

on 11/30/2015

I would have to disagree. Rope blew me away, in a way that Vertigo didn't.

on 12/1/2015

Neither blew me away, but actually Rope was fine. It probably don't provide massive entertainment, but it's entertaining. And short. I'm not really into Vertigo.