A Bug's Life vs. Toy Story

5 comments

9 comments

It is an easy choice with Toy Story, but these are both great movies put out by Pixar. Pixar makes some of the best movies.

JRM
JRM

Very early Pixar! Going with Toy Story.

Not even close. There be pissing distance between them, yarr.

A Bug's Life vies with Cars for the position of my personal least-favorite Pixar film. But let it be said that that still makes it a damn fine movie.

Actually pretty tough for me, because I grew up with A Bug's Life. It was the first Pixar movie I saw in the theater, I played the Playstation game and I had some 'A Bugs Life'-toys. I saw Toy Story at a much, MUCH older age so I don't have any nostalgic feelings for it, unlike most people. I should see both of these again, but for now, I choose Toy Story. This could change at any time, though.

I grew up with both of these films. I think that Toy Story will most likely stand out as the one true film I remember from my childhood and how much I loved it. It's obvious I'm going with it here, but Bug's Life is another great Pixar film.

Toy Story has one of the best scripts ever written. That it was fleshed out in such a eye-popping and ground-breaking way is only the cherry on top of the cake. The story of Woody and Buzz can rank with the best buddy comedies out there. A Bug's Life was Pixar's follow-up film and it too is a wonderful entertainment. It may not have reached the cinematic heights of Toy Story, but A Bug's Life features a wonderful script as well along with brilliant voice talent, stunning imagery and a lot of humor. Toy Story is my choice, but A Bug's Life should not be missed. By the way @MysticSpoon, I'm glad someone else remembers the Playstation game.

@JRyneChattanooga, I'm glad someone played it too! The game was pretty fun and had some interesting boss fights, but it had terrible controls by today's standards.

I love A Bug's Life. It's no Toy Story...but any animation collection should be required to have both...

I agree with TheEgant on this one.

Toy Story is the more celebrated, but Bug's Life may be my favorite from Pixar.

The best animated film of all time vs a very very good pixar film. Toy story wins this one.

A Bugs life is very good but Toy Story is great!

Toy Story is just plain great

My childhood can be summed up with Toy Story.

My childhood ? Toy Story

Toy Story smashes A Bug's Life

Toy Story is a great film. A Bug's Life is mediocre at best, and that's only because of Hopper and the circus bugs. Toy Story is top 10 Pixar, and A Bug's Life is bottom 5. It's as simple as that.