9 vs. 9

1 comments

4 comments

Full movie vs Short.Hmmm...I'll go with the Feature.

This is actually kind of tough. I really liked the feature, but I wonder if the short wasn't actually more effective...

JRM
JRM

Haven't seen the short yet I have it in my Flickchart. Hmm. Must have put it in by mistake. I wonder if I'll like it as much as the feature (AKA not at all).

The short is much better, if only because the feature did nothing to improve on it. It added more characters and voice actors, but none of them had any personality whatsoever beyond the usual cliched one dimensional "Motley Crew" figures. It's a shame, the film had a lot of potential, but the short is much stronger for what it is.

The feature tried to do too many things at once (note the false solution the first time around--they did not even attempt to justify the machine surviving the impossible explosion. It's like they're treating the antagonist with the protagonist blessing!). The short got to the point; and was just as mysterious as the beginning of the full feature film (which only held on to the good beginning, the rest was a little off)