Unstoppable vs. Iron Man 2

2 comments

3 comments

iron man 2 was a great movie. lots of action and it was better than the first. unstoppable was a decent movie. but i didnt like the fact that it focused on just one thing. i like movies where there is more than one thing going on.

I enjoyed both these films very much. Iron Man 2 is the more complete film but if you're indeed only going to focus on one thing, Unstoppable is the way to do it. The film grabs you right from the start and never lets go.

JRM
JRM

Both were fun. Neither blew me away.

If not for the imcompetent panning and editing of Unstoppable It'd be one of the very best bad films of the last decade. Who am I kidding, it's still one of the most laugh-out-loud, funny-because it's so stupid, so-bad-it's-good movies I've seen in a while. Sorry RDJ, even you can't compete with unintentional humour.

I was disappointed with Iron Man 2. I really enjoyed the first and i couldn't wait for the sequel. I just found that the end fight wasn't memorable enough, especially when I thought the first fight between Rourke and Downey was the best in the film. If the action goes downward as the movie proceeds, you are always going to be disappointed with the rest I know that's many people's view on the first film that the end fight was bad, but it didn't bother me. I just hated that spoiler.......Rourke is killed far too easily in Iron Man 2. Unstoppable was better than I thought. I wasn't expecting much so I was happy that I enjoyed all of the ridiculousness of the film. This may be a perfect example of expectations affecting your perception on a film, as I will go for unstoppable.

Keeping a tighter focus is not a bad thing. Iron Man 2 suffers horribly from just having too much sh@t going on. It spends too much time setting up The Avengers and not enough time being its own damn movie. Unstoppable was ridiculously, surprisingly fun. No contest. Which makes me quite sad, because I loved the first Iron Man so much (and, indeed, The Avengers as well).