Sin City vs. The Matrix

2 comments

11 comments

Hardest MF comparison ever.

JRM
JRM

I didn't absolutely loooove either of them, but they are good movies. However, that doesn't make choosing between them any easier. Hm. The Matrix.

1A and 1B of the greatest movies of all time.

Both are very cool and fun to watch...ummmm, Sin City (because it looks the coolest and Matrix is kind of preachy in parts).

Alright, I've been waiting for this contest. Discounting the top end of my Martial Arts list, we're looking at two of the coolest movies ever made. Sexy visuals versus sexy motion. Intriguing characters vs fascinating plot. But for the commentary that The Matrix brings this would be a dead heat. As it happens I agree with many of its fun-ly made points.

Really love both of them,unique styles in both,but i have to choose The Matrix,i love it.

For me, these are at opposite ends of the spectrum. The Matrix is Top 20 material. Sin City? Bottom 200.

Both are technical standouts, but The Matrix still stands as the last great original on-screen IP.

Definitely the Matrix. Whilst Sin City is a great movie the Matrix is a genre defining revolutionary piece of art, the first in its genre since Terminator 2. MATRIX FTW!

The Matrix.

Love Sin City....but it just can't win here....

I'm in the minority, Sin City. The Matrix is awesome, but it's lost it's appeal as it's aged for me.

Wasn't really a fan of Sin City. Matrix wins easily.

The Matrix because the plot is more intriguing and mind blowing but tough choice.