Insidious vs. House on Haunted Hill

4 comments

2 comments

House on Haunted Hill is more gruesome and amusing, while Insidious creates a better mood of dread. I have a certain fondness for the House on Haunted Hill remake, even though ultimately disappoints. Insidious was disappointing, too, though. I think both movies created expectations early on and then failed to follow through. I guess I like Insidious more. The evil spirits in House on Haunted Hill were creepier than the ones in Insidious, however. Except for maybe the witch woman. I would be highly likely to pee myself if she materialized in my presence.

Both are wonderful dark works of art and excellent haunted house films, but I believe Insidious wins here for being more consistently terrifying, while House is just consistently entertaining.

Insidious

Insidious was a legit scary movie. For being PG-13, it has some absolute tension filled moments. House on Haunted Hill can't compare. It was an average, gory schlock...

insidious had more tension and a better story I like both films but House on haunted Hill is a bit weaker

House on Haunted Hill was ok but Insidious was really good and really scary

Insidious is particularly very average, but the development about Ty Simpkins character save the day. Insidious wins based purely on Ty.