Hulk vs. Daredevil

1 comments

5 comments

These are two comic book movies that take a bit of a critical drubbing, but I actually kind of like them. (The Director's Cut of Daredevil, BTW, is much, much better than the theatrical version.) I think the action is decent in Daredevil, and Colin Farrell obviously has fun with his role. And I like the unique visual style of Hulk; the unique editing really does make it look like a comic book coming to life off the page. And I prefer Eric Bana to Ed Norton as Bruce Banner, and Jennifer Connelly to Liv Tyler as Betty Ross. (Sam Elliott and William Hurt actually come away as about equal as General Ross.) But in the end, Hulk is a little too long and unwieldy. Lot of navel-gazing. And The Incredible Hulk, while having its flaws, is a bit more fun. Until they remake it, Daredevil is still the best Daredevil movie out there, so I guess I'll lean that way.

2003 was apparently a terrible year for comic book based films.

A year that gives us X-Men 2 is not a terrible year for comic book superhero movies. But yeah, these two were disappointing.

Actually kinda like 'em both, but I'm definitely going with Hulk here.

I remember 2003 and thinking that it couldn't get any bigger for comic book films. Man, it's good to see how far we've come!!! And yes, the director's cut of of Daredevil is way better.

Even the theatrical cut of Daredevil beats Hulk

This is the first time I give daredevil victory because 2003 Hulk is much worse this is not really the real Hulk movie And because here they only focused on the trauma of a man who they stuck Hulk